Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Penny Thoughts ‘14—The Haunted Mansion (2013) **


PG, 88 min.
Director: Rob Minkoff
Writer: David Berenbaum
Starring: Eddie Murphy, Marsha Thomason, Terence Stamp, Nathaniel Parker, Marc John Jefferies, Aree Davis, Jennifer Tilly, Wallace Shawn, Dina Walters

I’ve never really explained on the site exactly what I mean by “Penny Thoughts”. Generally, I do about one theatrical review a week. That’s a full-length review of a movie currently in theaters. The rest of the week I review films in my Penny Thoughts feature. These reviews are shorter. I usually forego the synopsis or at least cut the synopsis down to just a paragraph. But really, a Penny Thought doesn’t necessarily have to be a review at all. It’s really just the thoughts that a certain movie inspires once I see it. The thoughts that Disney’s “The Haunted Mansion” inspired were to finally explain what the Penny Thoughts feature was about. It’s a little more interesting than the movie itself. I watched it for the kids. I guess they like it alright.



No comments: